Supported Higher Education Project Technical Assistance Center
HDI’s Supported Higher Education Project Technical Assistance Center (SHEP-TAC) provides customized technical assistance and direct support to Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) to establish or enhance postsecondary programs that advance the academic success and social inclusion of students with intellectual disabilities.
The work of the SHEP-TAC will improve higher education opportunities for students with disabilities, with an emphasis on students with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and includes:
- Supporting IHEs to provide individualized support to students;
- Increasing the capacity of systems and students;
- Strengthening collaboration among IHEs, the Kentucky Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, the Kentucky Department of Education, and local school districts;
- Providing professional development;
- Expanding the number of and support to Comprehensive Transition and Postsecondary (CTP) programs statewide; and
- Conducting research and evaluation.
Principal Investigator: Johnny W. Collett