HDI’s mission is to advance efforts that build inclusive communities, address inequities, and improve the lives of all people who experience disability across the lifespan. We achieve our mission through leadership and community partnerships across Kentucky and the Nation.
HDI’s vision is the full participation and contribution of all people with disabilities in all aspects of society.
- We are committed to people with disabilities and their lived experience being at the center of all our work.
- We value the unique role and perspective of families and networks of support as critical stakeholders and partners in our work.
- We work for full access to education, work, health, housing, community, recreation, and relationships for all people with disabilities.
- We strive for diversity and inclusion in all our efforts and value all identities that shape the experiences of people with disabilities.
- We demonstrate respect for all individuals.
- We promote self-determination.
- We foster creativity, innovation, and collaboration.
- We support individual and organizational learning.
- We engage in open and responsive communication.